The Aripana Foundation invites applications for the Aripana Education Fellowship 2020-21.
Are you looking for unique and meaningful career choices? Do you want to impact the lives of children studying in some of the most under resourced schools in the country? Do you live in or are you willing to be based in Darbhanga, Bihar? If you have displayed grit and determination, excelled in your field of choice, are looking for challenging engagements directed towards social change, do read our eligibility criteria and apply.
The year long Aripana Education Fellowship offers an opportunity to actively work towards improving education in schools in Darbhanga. By teaching inside classrooms, collaborating with key education stakeholders like teachers, principals, parents and government functionaries and participating in exposure visits and trainings, fellows stand to gain in depth experience of the grassroot realities of India’s education system, thus, making them better able to contribute to social change as well as shape their own careers.
The Aripana Education Fellowship (AEF) will offer financial support as well as coaching/ mentoring to enhance personal effectiveness, critical thinking skills, leadership qualities, communication, knowledge and experience with an aim to strengthen expertise in & long-term commitment towards improving school education.
Aripana Education Fellows will be selected to work in the following education domains:
- Libraries & Early literacy
- Early childhood education / Aanganwadis
- Math & Science
- Sustainability Education
- Arts and Sports
- Social Sciences (history, civics, geography)
- Computer Science & Robotics
Eligibility criteria: Graduates/Post-graduates/Diploma holders (B.Ed/D. Ed; UG/PG in Science, History, Engineering/ITI and similar programs) under the age of 26 can apply.
What AEF offers to Fellows:
- Monthly stipend + phone expenditure + travel grant for training & exposure visits
- Access to some of the best literature on education along with fixed and periodic readings and discussions within the theme group.
- Trainings at other institutions / organizations. For e.g.: Delhi, Jaipur, Bangalore etc.
- Exposure Visits to other organizations, institutions across the country.
- Guidance/Coaching on ‘Early Stage Professional Opportunities in the Education Sector’ after 1-year.
- Experience Certificate on successful completion of fellowship.